JOHNNIE WALKER Competition
1.1 These terms and conditions contain certain terms and conditions which (i) may limit the risk or liability of the promoters or a third party, (ii) may create risk or liability for you; and/or (iii) may compel you to indemnify Diageo SA or a third party; and/or (iv) may be an acknowledgement of any fact by you.
1.2 You acknowledge that by submitting your entry to the competition, you have been given an appropriate opportunity to first read and understand these terms and conditions before entering the competition and you agree to them.
1.3 Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations created for either the entrant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“the CPA”).
2. This competition is organised by Diageo South Africa (Pty) Ltd (registration number: 1964/003344/07) (“Diageo SA”) (collectively “the promoters”) and Spar group limited (registration number: 1967/001572/06, its selected national stores (collectively “the promoters”).
3. The competition commences on 7 October 2019 and ends on 6 January 2020.
4. You will only be eligible to enter this competition if:
4.1 you are a natural person over the age of 18 at the date of entry. You will be required to submit valid identification documentation in order to verify your age if you win;
4.2 you are not a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to Diageo SA or participating promoters above, or any marketing service provider in respect of the promotional competition or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the promoter/s or suppliers of goods or services in connection with this competition, or the spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of such a person;
4.3 it is not unlawful to supply the prize to you in terms of any legislation or public regulation and Diageo SA reserves the right to require proof that it will not be unlawful to supply the prize to you;
4.4 you have not in the previous 3 (three) months from the entry date of the competition accepted and been awarded a prize from a competition run by Diageo/the Promoters;
4.5 to be eligible to win the retail grand prize of a 2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport 2.0 AJ200 Diesel HSE TD4, entrants must also be in possession of an unencumbered South African Driver’s License.
4.6 to be eligible to win the route-to-market grand prize of one of four 2019 Nissan NP200 1.6 8V Base Safety, entrants must also be in possession of an unencumbered South African Driver’s License.
5. To enter this competition and stand a chance to win:
5.1 Buy a 750ml Johnnie Walker Red Label from a participating retail outlet and SMS the last 4 digits of the barcode to 41195. Participants must keep their till slip as proof of purchase. SMS entries cost R1.00 – free SMSs and SMS bundles do not apply. Errors will be billed for.
5.2 Buy a 750ml Johnnie Walker Red Label from a participating route-to-market outlet and SMS the last 4 digits of the barcode to 30302. Participants must keep their till slip as proof of purchase. SMS entries cost R1.50 – free SMSs and SMS bundles do not apply. Errors will be billed for.
5.3 Participants may enter as many times as they wish provided that each entry is associated with a separate purchase. However, you may only win one instant prize. Entries which win instant prizes will still be eligible to win the retail grand prize of a 2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport 2.0 AJ200 Diesel HSE TD4 or the route to market grand prize of one of four 2019 Nissan NP200 1.6 8V Base Safety.
5.4 Your entry will be withdrawn if the product purchased in connection with the competition is returned by you.
6. Any costs or expenses incurred in respect of items not specifically included in the prize are for the winner’s own account. Diageo SA and its associates, if applicable, will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur as a result of their acceptance of the prize, whether foreseen or not.
7. The prize is not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item. Diageo SA reserves the right to alter the prize to a prize of comparable commercial value.
8. In circumstances, where a runner up is selected, and the promotors are unable to reach or successfully verify the runner up, the prize will be forfeited back to the promoters and no further winners shall be selected.
9. Entrants stand a chance to win the following:
9.1 The following prizes will be awarded as 1 instant prize for each entry [TN1] during the promotion period:
3500 x R100 Nandos Vouchers
1333 x R150 Ster Kinekor Vouchers
200 x R250 Superbalist Vouchers
200 x R250 Bottles Vouchers
333 x R300 Engen/Total Petrol Station Vouchers
166 x R300 Hi Fi Corporation Vouchers
R100 000 worth of Telecom Airtime Vouchers (various denominations)
Voucher codes will be sent via SMS to the cellphone number used to submit the winning entry.
9.2 Within 14 days of the promotion period ending a draw will be held to determine the winner of a 2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport 2.0 AJ200 Diesel HSE TD4 and the four 2019 Nissan NP200 1.6 8V Base Safety. The prize is offered inclusive of all ‘on the road’ costs such as vehicle licensing and registration, but specifically excludes any additional costs such as insurance, maintenance, servicing etc.
10. The winner of the 2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport 2.0 AJ200 Diesel HSE TD4 and the four 2019 Nissan NP200 1.6 8V Base Safety will be contacted by VPAS telephonically on the number used to enter the competition within two (2) days of the draw having taken place.
If the winner cannot be contacted telephonically within a period of three (3) consecutive business days, Diageo SA reserve the right to disqualify a winner and randomly select a replacement winner from the competition entries.
In such circumstances, the replacement winner will be contacted telephonically by VPAS on the number used to enter the competition. If the replacement winner cannot be contacted within the same time constraints, the prize will be forfeited back to the promoters and no further winners shall be selected.
11. The winner of a 2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport 2.0 AJ200 Diesel HSE TD4 and the four 2019 Nissan NP200 1.6 8V Base Safety will be required to respond in the following manner:
Winners who are successfully contacted telephonically will be taken through an initial verbal validation process before being required to submit the following;
• A copy of their SA ID Document and SA Driver’s License. In order to claim the prize, the winner will also need to present the originals of both these documents, along with proof of address, as part of the vehicle licensing and registration process.
• The original proof of purchase corresponding to the winning entry which clearly indicates the product purchased, the participating outlet the purchase was made at, and the date and time of entry. The entry will only be considered valid if purchase was made before, or reasonably at, the time of entry.
Failure to complete this process within seven (7) days, of being contacted by VPAS, will result in the winner forfeiting the prize and the prize being awarded to a runner up.
11.1 Delivery of the prize will be arranged at a suitable Dealership within thirty (30) days of the winner being successfully verified. Verification includes, but is not limited to, checks being undertaken to ensure the winner is not an employee of Diageo SA, as well as that the product purchased in connection with the winning entry was not returned.
12. The winner may be required to take part in publicity and participation in the competition is conditional on you agreeing to take part in such publicity. The winner will not be entitled to any remuneration for taking part in such publicity. All and any materials, including publicity materials, are the sole property of Diageo SA.
13. To the extent that any taxes, duties, levies or other charges may be levied on a prize by the government or any other competent government or regulatory body, the winner will be liable. Therefore, and Diageo SA will not increase the value of the prize to compensate for such charges.
14. Should you win the prize, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the promoters to comply with their obligations under the CPA.
15. Diageo SA reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prize (if it has not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which Diageo SA reasonably deems necessary. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the promoters, their advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
16. In the event of a dispute, the decision of Diageo SA is final, and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. If the winner fails to comply with any of these rules or the terms of acceptance of the prize, or if they refuse to sign the Diageo SA winner declaration or the Diageo SA winner prize acceptance form, this will be construed as a rejection of the prize and then, without prejudice to any other remedy which Diageo SA and its associates may have, the winner will be automatically disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
18. By entering this competition, you accept and give Diageo the right to send you promotional content in the form of competitions and the like. You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional content by contacting us on the below contact details or utilising the OPT out link or SMS number where applicable.
19. You further accept and give Diageo the right to transfer, where applicable, your personal information:
19.1 to any of its third parties for the purpose of processing the information which shall accord with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPI); and
19.2 outside of South Africa, such transfer shall confirm with the provisions of POPI.
20. The laws of South Africa govern these terms and conditions.
21. Diageo SA Address: Building 4, Maxwell Office Park, Magwa Crescent West, Waterfall City, Jukskei View, Midrand, 2090.
22. Contact details – 010 003 8100 – Customer Marketing Department.